A polka-dot has the form of the sun which is a symbol of the energy of the whole world and our living life and also the form of the moon, which is calm. Round, soft, colorful, senseless and unknowing. Polka-dots become movement... Polka dots are a way to infinity
It's very clever, yes? Do you know who could have been clever enough to figure it out like this?
No, none of the fashion designers.
No actress, no celebrity...
No, Einstein was very (and I mean VERY) clever, but somehow he missed that polka dot thing. Being too busy with his E=mc², possibly.
The quote comes from a Japanese artist being obsessed with polka dots throughout her whole life (she's in her eighties right now, so it's been quite a long while), Yayoi Kusama.
An exhibition of her newest works just finished in Brisbane, you can see that amazing stuff right here.
BTW. In 2008 Christies sold one of Kusama's pieces for $5.1 million which was the record for a living female artist.
1. Decorative pillow cover set - Posh Street Pillows
2. Handpainted vase - DeLyshDesign
3. Peter Pan collar - MES DAMES
4. Wall or desk clock - MAKING TIME TC
5. Tote bag - K Noel Designs
6. Wine goblets - BonCreationz
7. Lampwork beads - BEADiNtRiGuE
8. Decorative pillow cover Beau Beau Blackford Studio